Sunday 28 December 2014

Hello There Fairy Folk


It's been a long time since my fairy self has been allowed to come out to play. She never really went away but going to University to do an MA Drama took me on a whole different journey to the one I had expected and I needed all my fairy magic to get through it.


...  but now that I have finished the MA Drama (got a Distinction btw) I can get back onto my fairy swing.



 My lovely friend and fabulous musician chum Susan Berry convinced me that 'The Tethered Fairy Ring: A Symphonic Poem for Ukulele' should be transcribed and notated for future generations and very kindly offered to use her immense fairy godmother skills to make it so.







I went to her beautiful farmhouse and we recorded the piece with me playing it on ukulele ...






...  so that she can wave her magic (Mac) wand and produce an array of black dots that will dance across the page for all to see and hear if they so wish.


And I will have the wondrous dots published into 50 rather beautifully wrapped Fairy Transcripts for distribution at the Launch being performed as part of Disability Arts Cymru's Wine & Cheese Fundraiser in Cardiff  on 21st March 2015.



After all, as we all know, fairies love to play harp.

No comments:

Post a Comment